Mostly, whenever we think of baked goods, the first things that come to mind are cookies and cakes, which are high in fats and calories. Not only that they can add a few inches to our waistline, they are also not good for our health in general.
But, baked goods can be healthy if we prepare them with certain ingredients, in proper amounts. While most muffins, cakes, cookies and bread, are filled with highly inflammatory ingredients such as processed wheat, sugars, and vegetable oils like canola oil or some ‘healthier’ alternatives such as safflower oil.
Here is a recipe that you can follow which will result in a very delicious baked goods, which will work as healers to your body instead of triggering diseases.
While processed flour and sugar are not the best ingredients for the human body to be fueled with, there are a lot of types of spices, milk, and vegetables that are highly beneficial for the body.
Healthy Dessert Recipe to Support Proper Inflammatory Response
Sweet potatoes are a highly nutritious food, filled with countless antioxidants, like beta-carotene, which can actually help your body to fight against inflammation, cancer, and stress. Also they are packed with vitamin C, vitamin D and vitamin E, as well as with some beneficial minerals like iron and manganese.
Also, coconut milk contains significant levels of sound medium-chain unsaturated fats, and these enormously improve your digestion which thusly assists support with weighting misfortune.
Just as that weren’t sufficient, it is likewise wealthy in brilliant supplements vital for a sound body. Vitamin C, vitamin E, and B-complex, as well as phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, selenium and iron, are for the most part healthy parts of coconut milk, all of which cooperate to furnish your bones with strength.
Coconut flour is additionally a superb fixing, and this is an astounding substitute for normal flour. Normally sweet and ideal for use by diabetics, this flour attempts to help lower the cholesterol and support a healthy intestinal tract.
Ultimately, both ginger and turmeric are known to be inflammation-reducing ingredients, and they likewise help ensure your body against numerous maladies, normally, battle microscopic organisms, help avoid infections, and even serve to decrease malignant growth hazard.
They have both demonstrated to be similarly as powerful as pharmaceutical medications to battle pain related inflammation.
So, why not give it a shot? Take a look at the recipe below, and make some inflammation-reducing and disease-fighting muffins.
Homemade Delicious Plant-Based Muffins
- 1 tablespoon of Aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup of organic coconut flour
- 1 cup of organic brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup or unpasteurized honey
- 2 tablespoons of organic olive oil
- 3/4 cup of organic coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons of ground flaxseed in 1/2 cup water (leave the flaxseed to soak in water for 10 minutes, this is a substitute for the egg)
- 1 small organic, sweet potato (roasted)
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves
- Heat the oven to 400 F degrees.
- Use a skewer to make holes in the potatoes skin, and then cook it on a baking tray for 60 minutes, or until the potato is soft.
- Let the potato cool down, and then cut it in half. Scoop the inside from both halves and put it in a larger bowl. Then add the maple syrup, olive oil, coconut milk and flaxseed. Mix until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients, and add them in the previous mixture with the potato. Stir until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Oil the muffin tray well with coconut oil, and then put the batter evenly in the muffin tray, so that everyone is filled about 2/3 full.
- Cook for about half an hour.